Find Out If You Are Eligible For Unemployment
Click this link to find out if you are eligible to file for unemployment:
Have Your Benefits Run Out?
Click this link to find out how to get an unemployment extension:
Do I qualify for unemployment benefits?
- You must be unemployed through no fault of your own.
- You must be able to work, available for work, and searching for work.
- You must always be willing to accept a suitable job while you are claiming benefits.
- You must have been paid at least $8,880 in either your Base Period or an Alternate Base Period (both are explained in the following sections). If you did not earn this amount, you may be eligible if you meet all of the following conditions:
- You were paid at least $1480 in one of your Base Period quarters, and
- You were paid total Base Period wages of at least one and one-half times your highest single quarter earnings, and
- You were paid total Base Period wages of at least $2960.
How do I file for unemployment benefits?
Newly unemployed persons may now file a claim online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for all Rhode Island Unemployment Insurance programs at https://uiclaims.state.ri.us/RI-ICS/Intro/Index.aspx?AC=yes.
To check the status of your claim, click Access Account Information. You will need your BYE (Benefit Year Ending), Social Security number and PIN number to check your status.
The average turn-around time for UI claims filed online is seven to ten days.
Unemployment Office Contact Information
Rhode Island Unemployment Website: https://uiclaims.state.ri.us/RI-ICS/Intro/Index.aspx?AC=yes
Rhode Island Unemployment Phone Number:
Rhode Island Unemployment Address:
RI Department of Labor and Training
1511 Pontiac Avenue, Cranston, RI 02920
Maybe We Can Help:
If you can’t find the answer to your question, you can fill out the comment form below and I will answer your question ASAP, or you can ask the The Unemployment Expert or you can post your question in the Unemployment Forum