In order to establish unemployment eligibility in Indiana you have to:
1. Be a resident of Indiana. If you are not a resident of Indiana, but worked in Indiana at your last job, you should still have Indiana unemployment eligibility.
2. Have worked and earned income in Indiana.
3. You must not be disabled.
4. You must be able to work.
5. You must be actively looking for a new job.
6. You must have lost your job through no fault of your own. If you quit your job or were fired for ‘just cause’ you may not be eligible to collect unemployment in Indiana. Every case is different, so if you lost your job — be sure to apply to unemployment in case you are indeed eligible to receive unemployment benefits.
There are special rules that apply to unemployment eligibility for military personnel and union workers, so check with your mility or union representative for these rules.