You must be unemployed through no fault of your own. You must have been laid off due to lack of work, voluntarily quit with good cause connected with the employment, or been discharged but not for misconduct.
You must be physically able to work full-time, ready to go to work, and be willing and able to accept both full and part-time work.
Most work performed in all states qualifies a worker for unemployment insurance benefits. Self-employment does not normally qualify for unemployment insurance, however, you should apply and let the Department of Labor local office determine if you qualify.
A monetary determination will show the wages paid to you by employers who have contributed to the unemployment insurance fund during your base period (the first four of the last five completed quarters before the beginning of your claim).
Benefits are figured by the amount of earnings during this 12 month base period. A weekly benefit amount is determined by the calendar quarter with the highest earnings.
How do I file for unemployment benefits?
It will take approximately 45 minutes to completely file an electronic claim and receive a CONFIRMATION NUMBER. To file an Unemployment Insurance claim you will need the following information:
- Your Social Security number.
- If you are not a citizen of the United States, your Alien Registration number and card.
- The business name, complete address including zip code, and phone number of all employers for whom you worked during the last 2 years.
- The dates your work started and ended for those employers.
- Your total gross earnings from those employers.
- The reason you are no longer working for those employers.
- DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, if you were a member of the Military Service in the past 2 years.
- Phone number you can be reached at during normal business hours (8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time).
- Your county of residence if you live outside the state of Idaho.
If you file your claim before Saturday at 12:00 midnight Mountain Time, your claim will start with the prior Sunday.
The information you provide will be used to determine your eligibility for Unemployment Insurance benefits. It is important that your information is accurate and complete for all questions asked. The law provides penalties for withholding information or making false statements to obtain benefits.
Warning: Your claim will not be processed if you exit before the Congratulations/Attention page where you are given your confirmation number.
317 W. Main Street
Boise, ID 83735
FAX (208) 334-6300
For a directory of Department of Labor employees, you may visit the Idaho State Government online telephone and email directory.
Leave a Reply