Do I Have To Pay Taxes on Florida Unemployment Money?

###Check back later###

Still Have Questions?

To go back to the Florida Unemployment FAQ Page, click here: Florida Unemployment FAQ

To go the main Florida Unemployment page, click here: Florida Unemployment

Maybe We Can Help: 

If you can't find the answer to your question, you can fill out the comment form below and I will answer your question ASAP, or you can ask the The Unemployment Expert or you can post your question in the Unemployment Forum


# William 2011-02-06 19:12
I collected unemployment in Florida last year but now live in Texas. I do not know how much I collected in order to pay income taxes on it. How can I obtain that information?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
# heinz 2011-08-01 12:57
am I entitled to unemployment working since 1999 on 1099 but from 5/1/2000 to
8/30/2001 on a W2. I got fired 8/30/2001
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
# ingrid 2012-01-16 23:53
if i get unemployment benefits the money i'll get can be discounted from my colleted during the time i already worked
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
# Mary 2012-01-26 04:50
I need to get a copy of my w-2 for 2010, can I get it online so I can file?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
# DEBRA 2012-05-22 11:18
My question is this: I have two parttime jobs in Fl, equal to approx a 40/hr week....due to parental health issues I may have to leave for NY, thereby losing both incomes.
Will I be able to collect unemployment?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
# Tina 2012-12-07 23:19
FL Unemployment says I was overpaid benefits and are requiring the money be repaid. I show the correct dates for my claim and verified them with my former employer. How do I clear this up?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
# Lisa T22 2012-12-12 10:17
Can you be technically employed by a company on an as needed basis, but not working any hours or very few hours equallying less than $100 a week, and still get unemployment benefits?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
# Lynne 2012-12-29 09:14
I was on unemployment but then worked and have since changed my home address. How do I obtain my W2 for unemployment? I am unable sign onto unemployment website and have not received a response from my email (I also gave up trying to get through by phone). Please can you advise if there is a way to update my information online?
Thank you
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
# James 2013-01-20 09:11
i collected about a months worth of unemployment in 2012 and was wondering if i have to pay taxes on it when i file my taxes?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
# Karen 2013-01-21 09:13
I was reduced to part time two years ago due to budget cuts. More cuts are on the horizon. If I am laid off this year, will my benefits be based on full time or part time income?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
# Alan 2013-03-06 13:59
I never received a 1099-G. I need it to file my 1040EZ form for this year. How can I get it?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
# Hugo 2013-03-26 11:09
All of 2012 I received $14,800 in unemployment benefits. Do I need to file for taxes?
I have no other deductions other than a son living with me and he is a F/T student at the college level.
No mortgage payment.
Just food, electrical and car expenses
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

Add comment

If you have a question about your unemployment situation, or about unemployment in general, please post it here and we will try to answer it as quickly as possible, and post our reply here so that others can benefit from your question.
Also, we welcome your comments -- please tell us about your unemployment situation. Tell your story. How did you get laid-off? Have you found a new job yet? Do you have any unemployment tips to share?
- -*-
PLEASE NOTE that your comment will not post automatically, but will appear after the admin has approved it.
- -*-

Security code