Directory of State Unemployment Offices
Search a Simple A-Z List
First step to filing for your unemployment benefits is contacting your state unemployment office. Beware online ads offering to file for you or get your claims money faster.
Use the list below as your go-to resource for locating your state government unemployment office. Remember, not all offices are called specifically “unemployment office,” many are divisions under the state’s department of labor, so be aware of naming conventions.
What You’ll Be Able to Do with This Information
Contacting your state unemployment insurance agency is one of the very first steps you take in filing for unemployment compensation and you should do it as soon as possible after you’ve been laid-off. Your state office will provide you with the following resources:
- Instructions on filing your application for unemployment benefits
- How you may file
- How your benefits will be delivered, or how you can collect your weekly income
- Telephone numbers for the telephone claims line or a separate number where you can contact someone for help or with a question.
- FAQs that help you answer common unemployment compensation questions.
- List of information you’ll need to have handy when completing your application for unemployment.
- Job search resources and current job listings.
We’ve made every effort to make the list below as up-to-date and comprehensive as possible. If you find errors or broken links, please let us know.
Find Out If You Are Eligible For Unemployment
Click this link to find out if you are eligible to file for unemployment:
Have Your Benefits Run Out?
Click this link to find out how to get an unemployment extension:
Easy to Use List of State Unemployment Offices
New Hampshire http://www.nh.gov/nhes/
North Carolina http://www.ncesc.com/splash.asp
North Dakota http://www.jobsnd.com/
Rhode Island http://www.dlt.state.ri.us/ui/
South Carolina http://dew.sc.gov/claim-land.asp
South Dakota http://dol.sd.gov/ui/uibenefits.aspx
West Virginia https://www.wvuc.org/wvweb/welcome.aspx