Do I qualify for unemployment benefits in Pennsylvania?
You may be entitled to benefits if you meet these eligibility requirements:
- You are unemployed through no fault of your own or due to a work stoppage that is the result of a lockout.
- You have filed an initial application for UC benefits.
- You performed services covered by the UC Law for an employer that is required by the UC Law or elects to pay into the UC Fund.
- You earned enough wages to qualify and have sufficient credit weeks. A credit week is any calendar week in the base year for which you earned $50 or more.
- You are registered for work with the Pennsylvania CareerLink.
- You are able to work and available for suitable work.
- You are unemployed for a waiting period of one week after filing the initial application for benefits.
Find Out If You Are Eligible For Unemployment Click this link to find out: Am I Eligible To Collect Unemployment Benefits?
Have Your Benefits Run Out? Click this link to find out how to get an unemployment extension: Unemployment Extension
Have A Specific Question? Click this link to get answers to all your Pennsylvania unemployment questions: Pennsylvania Unemployment FAQ
How do I file for Pennsylvania unemployment benefits?
To file an application for unemployment benefits, you will be asked to provide:
- social security number
- PA Department of Transportation photo ID
- alien registration number (for non-United States citizens)
- the name and address of last employer (full or part-time)
- most recent pay stub
Unemployed workers may file their applications or reopen their existing claims for UC benefits at https://www.paclaims.state.pa.us/UCEN/Welcome.asp or by calling the UC Service Centers network, 1-888-313-7284, or by downloading a paper Initial Claim form or Reopen Claim form from https://www.paclaims.state.pa.us/UCEN/Welcome.asp. Re-employment opportunities and job search assistance are offered in local PA CareerLink offices.
|Find a New Job||Lose Your Insurance?||In Debt Too Deep?||Your Future|
|Job Interview Tips|
Job Search Sites
|COBRA Health Insurance|
|How To Get Out Of Debt|
Bill Collectors & Your Rights
|Go Back To School|
Start Your Own Business
If you have filed an application for UC benefits within the last year, and have a specific question about your claim or your eligibility, call the UC Service center:
- 1-888-334-4046 TTY (deaf or hard of hearing)
UC Service Center telephone services are available from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. each work day and Sundays 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you have not filed an application for UC benefits within the last year, and have general questions about UC or you have questions about your UC-1099G (Statement for Recipients of PA UC Payments) provided for income tax purposes, browse through our Web site or call the Claims Information Center:
- (717) 783-3140
- 1-800-577-7216 TTY (deaf or hard of hearing)
Claims Information Center telephone services are available from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each work day.
Still Have Questions?
Click this link to get answers to all your Pennsylvania unemployment questions: Pennsylvania Unemployment FAQ
Maybe We Can Help:
If you can't find the answer to your question, you can fill out the comment form below and I will answer your question ASAP, or you can ask the The Unemployment Expert or you can post your question in the Unemployment Forum