Find Out If You Are Eligible For Unemployment
Click this link to find out if you are eligible to file for unemployment:
Am I Eligible To Collect Unemployment Benefits?
Have Your Benefits Run Out?
Click this link to find out how to get an unemployment extension:
In order to be eligible for unemployment compensation, you must meet the following requirements in each week:
- You must be totally or partially unemployed. You are totally unemployed for any week in which you did not perform any work and for which you have no wages payable to you. Self-Employment is work and must be reported when you file claims. Work for spouses and/or children, whether compensated or not, must also be reported.
- You must register for work to be eligible for benefits, unless you have been specifically exempted. Use the Job Match System at www.nh.gov/nhes and click on the \u201dJob Seeker/Employers Job Match \u201dbutton to enter your Application.
- You must be available for full-time work* (with limited exceptions) on all shifts* and during all the hours when the work you are qualified to do is normally performed.*
- You must be able to perform full-time work.*
- You must actively look for full-time work* and keep a list of employers you contact about a job. Each week, you must try to find work on your own by contacting employers who are likely to have work in your usual occupation. If you cannot find work in your regular occupation, you are expected to look for work in other occupations for which you are qualified. If you are only partially employed, you must make a continuing effort to find full-time work.
- You must file timely claims for benefits.
- You must participate in Re-employment Services if selected by NH Employment Security.
- You must disclose whether or not you are required to make child support payments, or whether you owe an uncollected over-issuance of food stamp coupons.
- You must report any refusals of work.
How do I file for unemployment benefits?
File Online Here: https://nhuis.nh.gov/claimant/
To be timely for your first week of unemployment, you must file your initial claim within 3 business days of becoming unemployed. For filing purposes you are considered to be unemployed on the last day you actually work or on the day your work hours are significantly reduced. If you have worked full time during a week, do not open your claim that week. Open your claim the following Sunday through Saturday period. Example: Your last day of work was Friday, April 9, 2004 and you worked a full week. Open your claim between Sunday, April 11 and Saturday, April 17.
If you receive separation pay such as severance for a period of more than 30 days after your last physical day of employment, you may want to review the Amount and Duration of Benefits information provided on this website to determine the best time to open your claim. To be timely, the claim must be initiated no later than the last calendar day of the first week for which you wish to file for benefits. Your claim is effective the calendar week it is opened.
Unemployment Office Contact Information
New Hampshire Employment Security (NHES)
32 South Main Street :: Concord, NH 03301
603-224-3311 or 800-852-3400