How do I file for unemployment benefits?
You can file an initial claim for unemployment benefits two ways, online or calling a UI Claim Center. To file online login to http://myalaska.state.ak.us and click on Unemployment Insurance Benefits.
If you call, an unemployment insurance claim center representative can take your information over the phone. After you have opened your UI claim, you can file for biweekly benefits online at the above website or over the phone by calling our automated telephone claim filing system known as VICTOR.
Find Out If You Are Eligible For Unemployment Click this link to find out: Am I Eligible To Collect Unemployment Benefits?
Have Your Benefits Run Out? Click this link to find out how to get an unemployment extension: Unemployment Extension
What Information Do I Need When I Apply?Whether filing for benefits online or by telephone, you will be asked to provide basic information about yourself such as:
- Social security number
- Name, address, and telephone number of your last employer
- Your last day worked
- Reason for leaving the job
- Wages earned during the last week of employment
- If you are not a US citizen or national, you will need your Alien Registration Number, expiration date and document type
|Find a New Job||Lose Your Insurance?||In Debt Too Deep?||Your Future|
|Job Interview Tips|
Job Search Sites
|COBRA Health Insurance|
|How To Get Out Of Debt|
Bill Collectors & Your Rights
|Go Back To School|
Start Your Own Business
Official Alaska Unemployment Insurance Claimant Handbook:
Alaska Unemployment Contact Information:
Employment Security Division
Unemployment Insurance Program
PO Box 115509
Juneau, AK 99811-5509
Phone: (907) 465-5573
Fax: (907) 465-5552
Do I qualify for unemployment benefits?
Generally, the three major criteria to qualify for unemployment benefits in Alaska are:
- Wage credits from an employer that is subject to unemployment insurance laws (covered employment).
- A total gross income of at least $2,500 earned over two calendar quarters of your base period.
- Continuing eligibility for each week claimed. This includes being able, available, and actively seeking full time work.
Maybe We Can Help:
If you can't find the answer to your question, you can fill out the comment form below and I will answer your question ASAP, or you can ask the The Unemployment Expert or you can post your question in the Unemployment Forum