Pennsylvania Unemployment Requirements
In order to start your unemployment, PA unemployment requirements include the following:
1. You are totally unemployed. Depending on your vocation and industry, you may qualify for unemployment if you have had your hours reduced.
2. You have worked and earned a minimum amount of wages in work covered by unemployment tax during the past 18 months.
3. You have lost your job through no fault of your own. If you were laid-off you will qualify for unemployment. In most cases, if you were fired for cause - you will not be eligible to collect unemployment. If you were fired for cause, you SHOULD apply for unemployment anyway, just in case you are eligible to get it.
4. You are able and available for work. If you are unable to work because of disability or medical condition, you may not meet the Pennsylvania unemployment requirements, but you should apply anyway. If you are not eligible for unemployment, you may be eligible to collect disability benefits, and the case worker at the unemployment office will be able to direct you on how to apply for disability.
5. You are registered for work at your local Workforce Development Center. You must do this when you apply for unemployment, and every week when you certify your weekly claim.
6. You are actively seeking work. You must apply to a minimum of two jobs per week.
To continue receiving weekly unemployment benefits, PA unemployment requirements state that you must file a 'weekly claim' by doing the following:
1. Meet all of the PA unemployment requirements listed above.
2. Apply for at least two jobs each week.
3. Contact the Pennsylvania unemployment office to file your 'weekly claim'. You can do this via phone or on the internet.
Toll Free: 1-888-313-7284 Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry Office Pennsylvania Unemployment Website
Still Have Questions?
To go back to the Pennsylvania Unemployment FAQ Page, click here: Pennsylvania Unemployment FAQ
To go the main Pennsylvania Unemployment page, click here: Pennsylvania Unemployment
Maybe We Can Help:
If you can't find the answer to your question, you can fill out the comment form below and I will answer your question ASAP, or you can ask the The Unemployment Expert.