New York Unemployment Office
Sometimes it is difficult to get through to the NY unemployment phone number, or you have questions that the website just can't answer, so you have to go to talk to someone face to face at the NY unemployment office.
There is probably a NY unemployment office in your town or county. Most states have one in every county. Be prepared though. Many people are applying for unemployment at the same time, and your local New York unemployment office could be very crowded, and you might have to wait in long lines in order to see someone.
Here are some tips when going to the NY unemployment office:
1. Go early. Be there at least 1 hour before the office opens.
2. Dress appropriately. It will be very hot in the summer, and very cold in the winter. Dress appropriately for the temperature and time of year.
3. Pack a lunch. You will probably have to wait a long time in line, and will probably get hungry. Pack a lunch and bring lots of water to drink to stay hydrated.
4. Bring your medicine. If you take medications that you can't miss - make sure you bring all of the medicine that you will have to take for that day, just in case you are there all day long.
5. Bring a pen or pencil. You will need one to fill out the application and to take notes.
Still Have Questions?
To go back to the New York Unemployment FAQ Page, click here: New York Unemployment FAQ
To go the main New York Unemployment page, click here: New York Unemployment