Louisiana Unemployment Eligibility
In order to establish unemployment eligibility in Louisiana you have to:
1. Be a resident of Louisiana. If you are not a resident of Louisiana, but worked in Louisiana at your last job, you should still have Louisiana unemployment eligibility.
2. Have worked and earned income in Louisiana.
3. You must not be disabled.
4. You must be able to work.
5. You must be actively looking for a new job.
6. You must have lost your job through no fault of your own. If you quit your job or were fired for 'just cause' you may not be eligible to collect unemployment in Louisiana. Every case is different, so if you lost your job -- be sure to apply to unemployment in case you are indeed eligible to receive unemployment benefits.
There are special rules that apply to unemployment elibility for military personnel and union workers, so check with your mility or union representative for these rules.
Still Have Questions?
To go back to the Louisiana Unemployment FAQ Page, click here: Louisiana Unemployment FAQ
To go the main Louisiana Unemployment page, click here: Louisiana Unemployment