The Unemployment Handbook Forum  

Go Back   The Unemployment Handbook Forum > Tell Your Story > Filing Your Weekly Claim

Filing Your Weekly Claim One of the requirements of collecting unemployment benefits is that you have to certify your claim every week, and the dreaded interview. Share you story about certifying your claim and when you had to go into the office for a random interview.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:54 PM

Default Help please

Hello all,
I am new to the site, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone could give me some guidance or suggestions to solve a huge problem in which I have exalted my avenues or paths. I was laid off in 2009 due to cut backs. I found part time employment in December 2009 which lasted until August 2010. So, I am currently laid off, but I was determined to find employment and I did, my only problem is it is located in another state. I am struggling to keep a roof over my head and food on the table. If anyone know of any program I may qualify for, just to help me with lodging until I start getting paid, I would greatly appreciate any advice. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, and I need help. This is the season for giving, so I am trying to remain positive in hopes someone could recommand something.

I have found out the hard way, those who are out pounding the pavement, trying to hold their own are the ones denied for any and everything. If anyone know anything, I would appreciate it if you p***ed your knowledge to me. Thanks Yvette